Reasonable Suspicion Training
DOT requires that persons designated to determine reasonable suspicion receive at least 60 minutes of training on alcohol misuse and 60 minutes of training
on controlled substance use.
Our Reasonable Suspicion Training consists of:
- The role of the supervisor
- What to observe
- Signs and symptoms of alcohol misuse
- Signs and symptoms of drug use
- How to approach the situation
- Interactive “what if” scenarios, which include what to do if someone refuses to test
- When to test and when not to test
- How to conduct testing
More information on: Supervisor Drug and Alcohol Training and Employee Drug and Alcohol Training.